Sunday, November 22, 2009

Missing Her

So today i am missing her.. Her birthday was a couple of days ago, and i know some of you will remember my post about her last year...But my grandpa came for dinner today and all i can say is that he is amazing.. I can't imagine losing my sweetheart at such a young age...She was so gentle, so loving and so tenderhearted...I want to strive to be more like her. I feel like life is too short to focus on the negative things, that is why i have been thinking so much about her. She just lived life to the fullest.. I guess i always feel bad for my grandpa around this time of year, but i know she is near, that is what helps me when i feel this way. A couple of days ago i had to go to the er..i thought i had a kidney stone...but i didn't. but i while laid there waiting to find out what the heck my problem was, she came to my mind...and how she must of felt to find out she had cancer...go to through radiation, and not have it be successful...and also being reminded of her withering body, and watching her body slowly fail her.. My everyday trials seem so minimal to what i have seen others go through...or still are going through. So today i missed her, and i have a thought of her throughout the holidays....

4 comments:

Chanté said...

I can't believe it's already been a year. She sounds like an amazing woman and you are so amazing to me. Are you feeling better? What the heck is wrong?! Love you.

Jessica F. said...

Of course you are missing her... she was amazing! That is the bittersweet part of loving people so much.

I am miss you lots!

brooke said...

i too, can't believe it's been a year.
you're a strong woman.
wish i could be closer inside your life!

Kascia and Travis Lybbert said...

Sorry Val! It's hard to deal with at times, I understand. I lost my Grandma after Christmas, actually on New Year's Eve when we got the phone call that she was killed in a car wreck coming home from my brother's wedding. It was a terrible time. And as the years have passed I continue to think about it every year at these times too!

Your Grandma is beautiful. And she does look like she was the sweetest lady.

I'm thinking of ya! Hang in there!!