Tuesday, April 28, 2009

WHAT are friends for????



Many of you know this is my BFF Christa....we have been friends since 11th grade....that is over 10 years now....to some you may be saying...wow big deal...but for me it is quite the opposite...Sometimes I wonder why SHE is still friends with me....Christa is unique to say the least....She is always putting other peoples needs first instead of her own....She truly is one of my favorite people...


She is so talented, and is such a great mom...I guess the reason Im posting this post is becasue I have had so much stress in the last year of my life that sometimes i think i have forgotten about the people who care the most about me and my feelings. I have been thinking lately about the things or things going on around me that make me happy....On saturday i was reminded by Christa how truly blessed I am.....I mean I have a wonderful husband, a sweet little boy and a great family....what could be more important then family......nothing in my book....but also great friends...I was able to spend time with christa and reflect on all the wonderful things that I have going on in my life right now....I feel that all my friends from high school were so great....We just had so so so much fun....I feel blessed to know all the good things that they have taught me, and have always loved me for me.........I just felt it was time to thank all my friends......

I know this is a small picture...i had to take it from facebook...but i feel like it is appropiate...it was crazy because even as i was doing this post my other good friend Lac called.....just to see how things were going.....thanks Lac

11 comments:

Ash said...

Val I love ya. I think the world of you and hope things are well. It was so great to sit and chat with you the other night. I think we all can help out one another at all times. I am so glad you are close to me know. Lets get together soon. Your words were of great encouragement to me.

Katie said...

You are lucky to have such great friends. You have so many still from high school and even more since you have been married. I have always been so jealous of that. I think you have so many friends because you ARE a good friend to others. I am glad that you are not only my sister but my friend as well. Love Ya!!

Christa said...

You are so nice! I am grateful to have such a great friend like you! Thank you for being you! You have made me a better person.

shelby said...

I love Christa, and I love you too! I hope all is well!

Dave and Corey Johnson said...

You guys were all so awesome. I am happy you guys have stayed friends through the years. I have alway thought how great Jen's friends were.

brooke said...

Oh my gosh Val, I just love you. Thank you for being such a great friend to me and always making me feel like you really cared. I miss you!

{Anne} said...

Christa is great and we are all blessed to have her as a friend. I am so glad you have had such good friends like her that you can rely on to get you through this year. Even though I am the world's worst friend, I do love you too. Hope things start looking up!

Lacy said...

It was good to talk to you!! Lets get together soon because Iz and I are bored!! I had to call you, I had to make sure you weren't run over by a wave runner!!

Chanté said...

You are so cute. You are one of the greatest friends anyone could have...so what a sweet post for your two great friends. Christa pretty much is amazing and I just love you both!

Reeses Pieces said...

Your friends are just as lucky to have you. I can tell by your friends blogging list that you have tons of friends.

The Downey Family said...

Luv Ya Val!!! I totally agree that we have such a great group of friends. Thanks for all the great times and the millions of laughs!!