Tuesday, August 19, 2008

LAKE POWELL 2008.....SO FUN

This was our captain.....Captain Kimball...Every one needs a captain to make sure all and everything goes well....Of course he did a fabulous job......... And you need these to be able to play, play play......I just didn't have any idea of how many we had until we took this picture......

And in order to do this, you have to use the boards......can we just say, "major air......"


Here is my cute hubby learning the ropes of surfing....he did so awesome...with just a few minor crashes. It was his birthday when we were down there to, and he loved every minute of it....





You cannot come here without going cliff jumping...the thing that was funny is that this rock does not look that big, but honestly it was big....even the girls jumped off......including me...yikes





Here I am just waiting and waiting.......





But now I am up......I just love the water...It was so nice.







Here is Jas doing his thing....He did really good......until








He got to far back....hold it hold it hold it......to late......and he is down.....









There is nothing quite like the job of holding the flag....Not hard right...Wrong...The only chore i had was to hold it up when peolple fell down....what happens???? I break the stupid thing...Sorry Captain...








Here is jason just relaxing and taking it all in....we seriously had so much fun with our friends...They are all so great and we just had the best time...Everything went so well. No one got hurt, it only rained a little bit, and the water was glass.......the entire time.....We can't wait to go again....(hint,hint). So here's to you Captain........and other wonderful friends for the best summer trip yet.....Hopefully many more to come.......
ps....we did not take our favorite little man Boston.....of course we were sad to leave him...but he did bond alot with gradma and grandpa Biggerstaff......thanks again for watching him...
















20 comments:

Chanté said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! I love the picture of the 3 guys on the cliff.

Christa said...

I love lake powell! It is beautiful and relaxing. Cheers LP!

brittani c. said...

Another jealous friend over here. Andrew's family goes every summer to Powell. They went in mid-July. And guess who wasn't there? It looks like you guys spent some great vacation time over there...did Boston enjoy it too?

Lianne said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip! I've never been to Lake Powell, but it sounds like a fun place! :)

Jessica F. said...

What a fun trip! Nothing better than Lake Powell!!!

Aubree said...

Lake Powell is the BEST! So awesome that you guys got to go. Looking good on that board...we need to get you down here and go to the lake.

shelby said...

How fun is that! I love the picture of the boards! And you guys went with the funnest group.

TheAndFam said...

Wow!! That looks like it was sooo fun! I absolutely love it when the water is glass. It's perfect for wake boarding.

Annalee said...

That looked amazing! How fun, I still need you to teach me a thing or two!

Reeses Pieces said...

Wow, an all adult trip. How fun. I love the flag story, that's something I would do.

Cameron Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I would love to take a trip to Powell sometime. I have never been down there before.

Ras Fam said...

That looks like you had so much fun!

Ras Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurel said...

Wow - that looks awesome. Tell Jason happy late birthday.

Melissa said...

Lake Powell looks like a blast...I want to lounge in the sun, all day every day :)

Megan said...

How fun, Val! Your pictures are so great! Treasures...

amy said...

Looks like a fun trip! Love the picture of you holding the flag. Maybe I will see you in a couple of weeks at Shannons. I got an email from Steph about the dinner you are having and will try to make it!

Shar said...

Val, you're too nice. Really.

Your Lake Powell trip looked like so much fun. And I know you had fun from all of your funny stories!

Ra-call-dee... said...

So jealous! looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you guys went! I am dying, my wakeboard is sitting here in Nashville collecting DUST!!! Love you girl!!!