Monday, December 29, 2008

TOTALLY PERSONAL!!!!!! BUT WELL NEEDED!!!

This is more or less a journal entry for me. I know that people will read this and really I don't care, because some of you that will read this are truly some of my favorite people. So i am not embarressed to share this post at all....This year has been one of heartache, pain and honestly so LONG. I know that the Lord does not give us things that we can not handle, but I just wanted a break. Does anyone else feel that way? Our break came on christmas night. Jason got a job...finally. It has been a long process, one of which i never hope we have to go through again. He will be working at Telos. It is a residential center for boys. He was already there doing art therapy, but now he is going to be a mentor. He is a perfect fit for their company and I know he will be able to help render these kids in the right direction. I think the biggest thing I have learned in this process is that even if you get a right answer in your prayers, it is ok to have bad things happen along the way. We prayed long and hard about our decision to build a house this year, but I could have never anticipated the outcome of having a husband lose his job two months after moving into it, and having another house not sell.....and then going three months without a steady income. Im so grateful for my job though. I do know the Lord saw fit for me to come back to work, and honestly now i know why.This year we also lost my grandma. She was an amazing woman, that i can only hope to be half as great as she is. I can't wait to see her again. Although we are still "stuggling" as you could say, i finally feel that we are getting back on track. Not only with finances, job security, but most importantly my MARRIAGE. When you are being tried and tested in ways you never thought possible, there is only a handful of people that you can rely on....The Lord, Jesus Christ, your spouse, and family. My marriage is awesome don't get me wrong, but i think that in this time in my life and in the past few months we have had to become stronger as a couple and a family for little boston. It is so easy to say things like "what if, " or "why me, " but honestly why not me. Some of my friends are suffering in there own way, so what makes me any better then they, that i don't have to have trials or hardships... I guess the reason i have felt bad is because our process has been so long. Im ready to "get back" to the REAL val. Im ready to give service to those around me. Im ready to look past my flaws and remember to see myself as though Christ sees me. Im ready to lose weight...lol. Im ready to be a MOM and help Boston to become the person that he wants to become. I guess in a nutshell all im really wanting to say is 2009 i know will be a great year. I would never take back the things i have gone through, because now i feel like i can accomplish anything at this point. I know the Lord loves me, and has molded me into the person he wants me to become. I really do LOVE my life. I love my husband and the things that he teaches me. Boston too!! He is my little Rock. I hope that this new year brings much joy to all of you. Thanks for reading......

26 comments:

shelby said...

Honestly what an inspiration! Val you are so great and I am so excited that he got job! You are such a strong person, and have only become stronger. Thanks for reminding me waht life is really about!

Christa said...

Such great news! You have been a tropper through this whole thing! Thanks for being such a great example!

Cori said...

I love you Val! You are always so positive and I am thankful that you are my friend. You are always an inspiration to me!

Kat said...

AMEN, SISTER!!!

shoot me an email so I can invite you to view my blog.
bigbaby4@gmail.com

Lianne said...

Val you are so awesome!! Thanks for being so great to work with, I really do feel blessed being able to know you. I hope that 2009 is a great year for you guys! You deserve it! :)

Ras Fam said...

Great blog! I am so glad that you can see the positive in all this, I know it has been such a hard year, we were kind of right there with you. I hope 2009 goes better!

Chanté said...

You are so cute and have such a great attitude about everything. If you wouldn't have shared this and things before I never would have even know you were stressed or anything because you are ALWAYS so positive.

gillman said...

Hey, long time! It was so good to hear from you, and now i can check out your blog!! your little boy is so cute! i hope all is well with you guys, doesn't time fly?? i can't believe how long ago it was that you guys lived in our basement. we live in lindon now, kaleb spent 2 and a half years building our new home and we moved in in january! we love it! the kids are growing so fast, enjoy yours while he is still little, time moves too fast. i will keep up on your blog now!!!
Meg :0)

{Anne} said...

WOW that is SOOO exciting about Jason's job! YEA! I hope that the new year only brings joy and happiness to your family. You have been through a lot this year and are still the sweetest Val ever. I am gald things are looking up for you now though. Thanks for the wonderful example you are to me and so many others. Love ya!

Reeses Pieces said...

AMEN! I love to hear honesty! Congrats on the new job too.

TheAndFam said...

Wow! Maybe you can teach me some things! We're going through that right now and it's HARD!

Cameron Family said...

Glad to hear that Jason got a job! Trials are never easy, but now you can look to the future and focus on all the good to come!

Lance and Becky said...

I love you Val, I'm so glad Jas got a job! You guys have had a tough year, but we're coming up on the new year...new year, new things! Love you guys, you're truly one of my best friends!

brooke said...

oh VAL! I love you.

sachiko said...

I don't know you, but I know Jason from class. He's a lucky, lucky man to have a God-fearing woman like you by his side. I've been rooting for you guys! Congratulations on the new job

Laurel said...

I love you Val. Your entry made me cry. I'm so sorry for the things you guys have been through, but I, too, know that Heavenly Father loves us and that he gives us challenges to make us better. Congratulations to Jason on the new job and good luck in 2009 (and we need to get together soon).

leah said...

Val. all I can say is I am so glad. Tell your sweet hubby congrats. Way to hang in there and stick through it all. I love your honesty in this post and that you are willing to tell all so to speak. Lets get together. Soon. XOXOXO

Shar said...

I hope 2009 is way better for you Val! I miss you and hope to see you soon!

Christi Williams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christi Williams said...

Hi Val,
Thank you for your blog post. I am all for open and honest. Life happens, lessons to be learned. I have been there, more than once. You have been given a gift although it might not seem like it. Like you said you have been molded and stretch and it hurts. I have walked some pretty dark paths, financially, physically and mentally.

It's people like you who have helped me, who loved me anyway, smiled at me and gave me hugs. Val my love goes out to you. We don't get to see each other very much anymore, but I think of you often,
Keep hanging in. If you listen to some of the music on my blog your will catch the theme.

I am so happy Jason was able to find a job. I pray for better days ahead.

Jessica F. said...

You are amazing! I LOVED seeing you at lunch. I would love to catch up more and more often. I totally miss you Valcor!!! You are the best!!!!

brittani c. said...

I love you, Val. I picked up our mail yesterday and got your Christmas card (we've been gone for 2 weeks). I love the pictures and I love what you wrote. You are a sweetheart. Isn't it great when we get the blessings we need? I hope you guys have a great 2009! xoxo.

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

Life is a funny, tricky, frustrating little ride...Seriously!! Good for you for learning from it. That's the goal, right?

Todd and Ashley said...

Val, thanks for sharing your thoughts on your blog. I understand what you mean when you say we have trials and hard times for a reason. I have learned to have a lot of patience in my life and have to realize that the Lord has a plan and I just have to wait to see what is in store for me. I hope all is well and that your 2009 year is much better. I am happy to hear you and your family are doing much better. You are such an amazing person. Thanks again for your thoughts, they are just what I needed right now.

Oh yea, and April said she saw you at the gym a week or so ago. I can't believe she is going to have a baby in March!!! It's nuts but way exciting.

The Downey Family said...

Oh Val!! I am so sorry to hear that this has been such a trying year for you. You are truely an amazing person, I have always found that trials make you so much stronger and always make you rely on the Lord. It always works out!!
Hang in there and Let us help you however we can.

Ash said...

Val I love you!